Header Ads

5 Ways to speed up your morning beauty routine #makeup_tips



Makeup Removing Towelettes

I HATE washing my face. I don’t know why, but it has never been a big priority for me, but I can definitely see a difference in my clarity of my skin (especially blackheads) when I use good washing habits. Lately I have rediscovered makeup cleansing towelettes. Rather than falling asleep with a face full of makeup that I am just to lazy to wash off, I do a few quick swipes and it’s good enough for me. If you have acne prone skin, this may not be a great solution for you, as it’s not a very deep thorough cleaning.

Try Gel Nails or Shellac

If you haven’t tried Shellac or Gel nails, you are missing out. It’s basically nail polish that looks awesome for up to 2 weeks, Not to be confused with the 2 week old chipped polish on my nails right now. Regular nail polish, even with a great top coat, just doesn’t last long and it is a lot of work to maintain. If you have the cash to spare, hit the nail salon and get them done, it’s worth the money. If you want to do it yourself, try out a kit like this one.

Plan Ahead

I don’t think there is anything that will speed up your morning routine more than planning ahead. Pick out your clothes before you go to bed. Have an idea of how you want to do your makeup. If you are using Velcro rollers, make sure you know where they are so you aren’t wasting valuable time digging around under the sink for them. This sounds simple, but It is probably the best thing you can do to streamline your beauty routine.

Have I mentioned dry shampoo?

Okay, I have only mentioned dry shampoo at least a million times on this blog, and for good reason! The stuff is amazing! Washing your hair every day isn’t good for your hair anyways, so why not pass on washing your hair for a day or 2… or 3. Check out my post on dry shampoo and my other post on second day hair ideas. Dry shampoo is a huge time saver and a fantastic way to speed up your morning routine.

Velcro rollers

My stylist recently taught me how to actually use Velcro rollers the right way, and they are sort of amazing! I’m not talking about a whole head of rollers, but rather when your hair is almost completely dry, still a little bit damp, place your rollers, I do about 6, at the top of your head and around the crown. Blast with some heat from your hair dryer and make sure they are dry! Use plenty of hair spray. Let them set while you do your make up. Gently roll them out and you will have lots of glamorous volume!




Powered by Blogger.