Things To Start Doing in Your Beauty Routine #makeup_tips
1. Experimenting with trends and color. Makeup isn't a tattoo! If you don't like it, wash it off and try another day! My favorite time to experiment with a new look isn't right before a big event. Would you believe it's right before bed? You've got to wash your face anyway so why not experiment.
2. Defining your brows. It will make a noticeable difference and make you look younger in the process. You can define with powder, pencil, brow gels, or a combination of products. My favorite products are from Anastasia Beverly Hills.
3. Using an eye cream. The delicate skin around our eyes needs special attention. If you already have existing wrinkles, try Philosophy Miracle Worker Eye Reform or for more preventative care, Shiseido Ibuki Eye Correcting Cream.
4. Incorporating SPF into your moisturizer or primer. Skip a step and sneak your SPF into a step you're already doing. My favorite SPF moisturizer is Peter Thomas Roth Max All Day Moisture Defense with SPF 30 or Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer with SPF 20.
5. Using waterproof mascara on your bottom lashes. My favorite is Maybelline Lash Discovery, because the tiny brush is perfect for the lower lashes. Accentuating lower lashes only makes your look more complete. Waterproof formulas will ensure you don't get raccoon eyes.
6. Washing your makeup brushes. Regularly. If you need details on how.
7. Enjoying your morning beauty routine! I like to put on my coziest robe and slippers, sip my coffee, play music and sometimes catch up on Good Morning America while I do my makeup. It's my favorite part of the day.
8. Exfoliating. Either via a Clarisonic brush or a gentle at-home peel. One of my favorite peels to do at home is Algenist Triple-Action Micropolish and Peel.
9. Start asking what you want to know. Always wanted to learn how to do a smoky eye? Ask a makeup artist to show you. Wondering how a friend always looks so put together? Ask her what product she's using. Curious about a new skincare innovation but afraid to try it on your skin? Ask for a sample at Sephora. You won't know until you try!