When it comes to adding a little height to your hair you want to make sure you don’t leave it looking messy. There is a big difference between teasing your hair and creating a rats nest. It's a simple process of sectioning the hair, creating a cushion and smoothing it out.
- Take a section of hair around your part line that is about 1 inch wide and 3 inches long.
- Insert your comb directly in the middle of your section of hair and comb downward. Do this on both sides of your head.
- Don’t forget the back of your head. By now you should have teased the entire crown of the head. (Do you like my natural Ombre going on back there? I haven’t had a full highlight in, I don’t know how long But don’t worry I am getting a full before the wedding!)
- As soon as you finish teasing to top of your head. Start to smooth out your hair with the end of your comb.
- Make sure you smooth out the top of your hair is one of the most important parts of teasing your hair. You want to make sure you don’t comb out all of your tease.
I personally think that with a proper tease you can not only create volume to your hair but you can also create fullness to thin or fine hair.