How to stop eye makeup from running! #Eye_Makeup
1. Start with clean skin: If your eyelids tend to get greasy as the day goes on, make sure you're starting with a clean slate. Wash your face in the morning, and make sure to pay attention to your lids, so you wash off any excess oils from the night before.
2. Apply an eye primer: After your skin is clean and moisturized (avoid putting eye cream directly on your lids), apply a primer specifically made for your eyes. Ones like Nars Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base are formulated to not only prep your lids but also help your makeup apply smoothly and stay in place.
3. Use waterproof formulas: If your eye shape or oily lids make standard eye makeup crease and smudge, then your best bet is to stick with waterproof and long-wearing options. We love CoverGirl LashBlast 24 Hour Mascara has some serious staying power.
4. Set your look: Once you have your eye makeup complete, set everything. If you use creamy textures or pencils, set them with matching eye-shadow powders. And if everything you use is powder, set the look with blotting powder, like Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder.
5. Keep eye-makeup remover on hand: Being prepared means you won't have to stress over stray eye makeup in the wrong places. Almay Makeup Eraser Sticks are super portable swabs packed with just the right amount of eye-makeup remover, so you can clean up any smudges in a pinch.