Why you should use coconut oil as a shaving cream:
- 1. Coconut oil is affordable. I know some brands can get a little pricey, but when you compare the cost of a little coconut oil to commercial beauty products, you’re saving big bucks, trust me.
- 2. Coconut oil doubles as a moisturizer. Thus, it saves time because you simply slather it on once and you’re ready to go!
- 3. Coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. This is especially helpful if you are prone to razor burn or are shaving delicate skin.
How to use coconut oil as a shaving cream
- 1. Shave at the end of your bath or shower. The warm water opens up the hair follicles, which means that you get the closest shave.
- 2. Rub a small amount of coconut oil on your legs. If your coconut oil is solid, simply warm it up between your palms before applying to the skin. It’s usually easiest to apply the coconut oil to dry legs, but since I’m usually in the bath and mine are already wet, I usually apply it with my legs slightly damp.
- 3. Shave using a sharp razor. A sharp razor will allow you to get the closest shave and you’re less like to have razor burn because you won’t have to repeat areas. Rinse the blade in-between strokes, or wipe the blade on a damp washcloth to remove the used oil.