The Benefits of Dry Brushing:
1. Bye-Bye Cellulite: The best way to prevent and reduce cellulite! I freaked out when I heard about this and instantly ran to the store to buy a brush! I have been dry brushing for a few weeks now and noticing a difference with my skin! It’s AMAZING!!!!
2. It’s Natural?!!!! Yep you heard me, dry brushing is the most natural way of getting rid of those demon like toxins that enter our body. It’s definitely the best way to detox your body without having to pay out of pocket and such a healthy way to cleanse your body.
3. Softens Your Skin: I don’t think my skin have ever felt so healthy and so soft before! Dry brushing helps exfoliate and remove dead and dry skin, which ultimately helps protect your skin from absorbing toxins and pollution. Craaaazy!
4. Give Your Skin a Healthy glow: I have noticed my skin has changed in so many awesome ways! But better yet the appearance of my skin has a beautiful glow. What girl wouldn’t want that?
Dry skin brushing tips:
- You will need a brush with soft natural bristles for dry brushing. Do not use synthetic bristles. This is quite similar to a hairbrush, but it has a longer handle. They are very affordable and some of the best dry skin brushes cost as little as $8-$10.
- Make sure that the dry brushing is done softly in the initial stages so that soreness is avoided. Application of a little more pressure can be done as your skin gets used to dry brushing.
- Your skin and brush should be dry. Shower after skin brushing to remove exfoliated skin.
- Begin by brushing the outermost parts of your body (hands and feet) towards the center of your body.
- Pass the brush once over your body, except the face.
- The brush strokes should move towards your heart. This improvement in blood circulation is why so many people feel extremely refreshed after an energetic session of dry brushing.
- You should not use a scrubbing, circular or back and forth motion.
- Do not do any dry brushing over cuts, wounds or rashes.
- It is only when you are dry brushing your stomach that you are going to apply clockwise brushing movements.